« Home | Journal Entries: 3/18-3/24 » | First Week on the Trail » | Plane ticket » | Test » 

4.11.2006 

Stuck in bed

I have the flu so I will be off the trail for a few days to recover. Also, I posted some photos from the instant cameras which were a big mistake as the quality is really bad. Luckily I now have my digital camera, so photos will be much better in the future. Thanks to everyone who sent me a package at Fontana.

4/13/06 Update: Lots of new photos, decided to use a better photo server.

4/17/06 Update: Still sick, hope to get back on the trail in the next two days. I'm really frustrated with this flu. Log two will be finished by wednesday.

4/21/06 Update: I have Bronchitis, so ill be out until at least the 24th. I went to the doctor and have anti-biotics so it should kill the infection soon.

4/24/06 Update: Feeling better finally after two weeks, tomorrow I head back. Thanks for the prayers.

I hope you get well soon Kai!! I love reading your blogs and picturing you in your adventure. You have always been an adventurer...I like that about you! Get some good sleep, eat some soup and relax....Love ya!!

"He guides me down paths of righteousness for His namesake."

Wonder photos. Get well and get walking. Love you and miss you

daddy

Yay!!! "On the road again" ... sing along if you'd like :) I'm so glad you're doing better, Can't wait to hear about your next adventures!!

Hey Kai!

It is great that you have time to share your experience with us, (while we are sitting in warm and cozy houses)!

We have friends living in Virginia in a National Forest (I forgot which one, but they really live in National forest, in a big house), 12 miles if I am not wrong from the App trail. They could meet you and bring home for a night if you wish so. It is Blacksburg, VA. I am not sure how far it is from you are now. Let me know if you'd like to do so. Hope you are feeling better! (422-5038)
Love
Tatiana

Post a Comment

About me

  • The Appalachian Trial

    March-August 2006

    Sole Hiker: Kai Kaapro

    Final Stats

    70 days into the hike

    14.4 average miles per day (includes zeros)

    1010 miles hiked

    5 states hiked: GA-NC-TN-VA-WV->MD

    56 resting heart rate

    180 pounds body weight

    18 sick days

    Status: Going Home

    Final Location: Harper's Ferry, over the Shenandoah in Maryland.

    ----------------------------------- Currently Reading: The Three Musketeers by Dumas, The New Testament

    Read: Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, Alive by Piers Paul Read, the Colossus of Maroussi by Henry Miller

    -----------------------------------

    Photos

    6/22 update: New Photos.

    Videos

    6/23 update: New Videos.